Welcome! Tally ho!

Our B.V.I. Adventure is designed to give our family, friends and any other interested followers a look into the life of two expatriates making their way on the island of Tortola. Tortola is the largest island in the British Virgin Islands.

So, why did we move 2,000 miles away from our home in Knoxville, Tennessee? Michael accepted a position as the director of retail and international sales for a Caribbean clothing brand.

Cheers!

Adventurers

Posts Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

living in the British virgin islands
Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Get Out the Vote

The BVI Beacon is running a beach photo contest on its Facebook page and while I haven't entered a photo, I thought I'd share the link here.  

There are some absolutely beautiful pics.  If you have one from your travels to the BVI, you can upload it to the Beacon's wall, and they'll add it to the contest album.   

These are my two favorites at the moment...  "Best Friends" by Jim Kelly a.k.a. Island Jim:

And this untitled photo by Dan O'Connor, taken on his first trip to Smuggler's Cove.
To vote, just "like" the photo in the Beach Photo Contest Album.  You can vote for as many photos as you'd like, but soon the Beacon will narrow it down to the top ten and a second round of voting will commence.  Prizes include a night's stay at the Bitter End Yacht Club.  Not bad!

Now, who's ready to take a dip?  I am!!!  

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I just found your blog last week through another blog (I can't remember which one at the moment!) BVI is my favorite place on Earth... the photo contest pictures make me want to be there so badly. You have a beautiful family. Thank you for making me feel more connected to paradise!

Amelia said...

Thanks Whitney! Welcome to Our BVI Adventure!

Whitney said...

Thank you :) From what I am reading your husband works for Pusser's, right? (I would give my left leg for a slice of their key lime pie and a painkiller right about now!) Out of curiosity, how did he happen to find his job?